Wednesday 19 June 2013

The Selection: Kiera Cass (Book 1)


     Not gonna lie, trashy young adult fiction is my weakness.
Set in a sort of dystopian future (as most of these books are post Hunger games extravaganza...) Girls from different districts are offered up to the Prince to be part of a selection: a sort of reality TV show (Bachelor style) for the country to find their new princess.  She has a sweetheart back home already, so of course vows not to fall for the seemingly vapid carefree prince, ends up falling in love, conflicting love triangle blah blah blah.

It's pretty cliched, but it's a fun read if you like that sort of thing (embarrassingly, I do,) which is why it doesn't really deserve a full review. Just to say I'd give it 7/10 for entertainment purposes, not quality of writing! And of course, as seems to be the fashion at the moment, there will be a trilogy...Stay tuned!

Ps in contrast to this nonsense, my next review is Vintage Lovecraft. I really don't have a genre I stick to.

No comments:

Post a Comment